Thursday 25 February 2010

The Moment...

I'm aware that I am not a grounded person, I float about in my own little bubble with my thoughts and dreams swirling around me and nothing is more important than the moment I am in. I can't forward plan because that's not the person I am. But every so often I am brought back down to earth with a massive crash when I am reminded that life is ultimately about death and every individual life is so insignificant to the universe.

Today I was walking down the road (in my little bubble) when a hearse drove past me. Not very unusual, but as it passed I noticed that in the back next to the coffin sat an elderly man looking very solemn. I assume the deceased was his late wife. The moment really touched me. This man had accompanied his dearest to the very end of her journey. To me, that is true love.

People often obsess about what love really is. I believe that love is the essence of life and death and the only thing that survives when everything else is gone. True love follows you through life and goes with you to the grave.

Time is our biggest enemy, it ticks by so impatiently and with every passing hour our ability to change the past becomes more difficult. What I am trying to say is, make the most of the moment because life IS short and nobody wants to wake up 85 years old and wonder what might have been if...

3 comments: